The Sims 2 - Building a Second Level Pool

June 17, 2007

Filed under: Tutorials — Soozie @ 5:39 pm

I always wanted a second level Swimming Pool for My Sims so after a lot of thinking, I came up with this. It is very easy to create Yourself in a few simple steps.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 001

First begin with the raise terrain tool. Click 12 times to raise the terrain to height of second level.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 002

Make a square and make flat with the level terrain tool.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 003

Then create a pool on top of the raised terrain. Make sure that You place the pool 1 square away from the side You’re gone build Your Sims home. On the other 3 sides of the pool leave 2 squares of terrain.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 004

Open the command console by simultaneously pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C and enter this cheat boolProp constrainFloorElevation false into the command console and hit enter/return.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 005

Get the level terrain tool and level terrain to the edge of the pool. Make sure you do that on the side were your gone build Your Sims home.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 006

When it looks like it does on the Screenshot, you can proceed.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 007

Build a wall leaving 1 square of the terrain on each side of the end of the wall. Make sure the wall is on the edge of the pool. Then create two pillars on each side of the wall. Make them 1 by 2 squares.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 008

Place windows between the two pillars.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 009

Get the level terrain tool. We’re gone use this to fill the three angle gap between the wall and the raised terrain. Use the level terrain tool and drag.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 010

The gap is filled. Now we need to level the second floor. Again use the level terrain tool and drag.
Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 011

Now You’re ready to build Your house around it, use Your imagination.

Screenshot Building a Second Level Swimming Pool The Sims 2 012

I thought a modern living room with open hallway on second level would be cool. I kept the colors inside light and natural. I tried to set the attention to the windows looking into the pool.

28 Comments »

Permanent Link

1. Hey , I LOVE the idea!
    I works by me untill the triangle problem.
    If I try to fill the gap the whole wall goes up at the level from the pool. How do i get it straight ?

Comment by Evaa — June 17, 2007 @ 11:00 pm

2. Just use the level terrain tool and drag the piece of wall you want to remove.

Comment by Soozie — June 18, 2007 @ 12:04 am

3. Hey i think that this idea of yours is great. The only problem that i am having is when you need to get the level terrain tool and level terrain to the edge of the pool. I have applied the cheat but whenever i try to do this step a slopping wall of normal terrain (not the slopping water from the pool) occures. i have tried this step over and over again. If you woudn’t mind replying and telling me what i’m doing wrong that would be gratefully appreciated.

Comment by aza — June 22, 2007 @ 1:12 pm

4. Make sure You start dragging the level terrain tool from the ground up to the edge of the pool. When You do it the other way around its normal your wall or terrain will be on the same height as the pool.

Comment by Soozie — June 24, 2007 @ 11:34 am

5. can you make this house downloadable please?

Comment by bob — June 25, 2007 @ 5:56 pm

6. Soozie made one here: The Sims 2 - Tahiti Apartment (House2 054).. hope you like it..

Comment by Sims Area — June 26, 2007 @ 2:34 pm

7. hey can you download this house from the sims 2 website?

Comment by Bob — August 8, 2007 @ 6:02 pm

8. No.. Soozie made it only for this tutorial…. she made a new one overhere: The Sims 2 - Tahiti Apartment (House2 054) also with second level pool.

Comment by Sims Area — August 8, 2007 @ 6:18 pm

9. when are you planning on replying????????

nobody can get it past the leveling the 2nd floor thing… and “just drag with the leveling tool” is not a good response..

Comment by Elise — November 4, 2007 @ 2:39 am

10. Hi, really cool idea, I’m so keen on using it. But the problem described in earlier comments happens to me aswell. I have to level up the terrain so the pool goes all the way to the wall, but when I do this the wall follows the terrain and levels up with the pool…

I’ll describe exactly what I do so you can tell me what I’m doing wrong;
    I have placed my chosen windows between the two pillars. I use the terrain tool, drags it from the southwest corner(not on ground level, on wall level), and I drag it all the way to the southeast corner + 2 squares south.

The walls goes all the way up:(

please answer:)

Comment by John — November 11, 2007 @ 12:30 am

11. Hopefully this will solve the issues, click on screenshot to get a full picture..:

Screenshot 01: Don’t drag the whole wall with the level terrain tool, only the 2 by 1 area as shown on the screenshot. (the area next to the pool);

Screenshot 02: Part of the wall will come up, don’t worry this is normal;

Screenshot 03: Then you need to drag from the second level to the piece of raised wall as shown on the screenshot.

Greets Soozie

Comment by Soozie — November 20, 2007 @ 3:54 pm

12. i cant figure it out 8( please make a vid and post it up on google or something. if i see wat ur doin, i can prob. get it

Comment by Dimitri — December 3, 2007 @ 4:04 pm

13. heyy i really like it good job

Comment by batman — December 15, 2007 @ 11:20 pm

14. Heyy,

I don’t know how that same problem keeps happening to everyone but i do no that it worked for me and now i keep doing it to all my houses,

thx for the heads up soozie, it’s a great idea of urs!

Comment by Simsmad — January 4, 2008 @ 4:17 pm

15. listen where everyone is getting confused is your only connecting the sides of the pool to the second floor wall your not going to be about to get the grid to show the water flush against the house it confused the hell out of me but the reason she tells you to make those small column walls is to hide the structual glitch so your room still holds shape and once you get the second floor going you’ll still need to put stairs in to allow the sims to access the area cause you won’t beable to be 100 percent accurate trust … if you look at the example that you can download it will all make sense .. I figured it out by working backwords good luck everyone and happy moding

Comment by siminator — January 25, 2008 @ 2:39 pm

16. heey I love the idee but by step 5 it goes wrong i did the code but the pool doesn’t want to by like on the picture it goes streigt down with ground on it it isn’t like pool al the way down so do you know wat i heve to do to make it ok?

Comment by wesley — May 25, 2008 @ 10:23 am

17. Hey, thanks for this. It took two tries but 4 hours later got it figured out, yay, learned something new today so thanks. I agree with Simsmad and will be using this alot.

Thanks for sharing,
    Lynz

Comment by Lynz4tex — June 28, 2008 @ 6:11 am

18. I get to the part where the walls go up but whenever I try to make it even it goes back! Please help

Comment by Airthunder — July 22, 2008 @ 5:55 pm

19. Great Mod really cool, it is easy to create if you follow the directions properly. I know i dident the first time lol. Anyway the second time i did it. Thanks

Comment by Nicholas — September 10, 2008 @ 12:26 pm

20. cool idea!

Comment by lol — January 11, 2009 @ 10:16 pm

21. Hey, thanks so much for this tutorial! Because of this (and you!) I got to submit my very first lot creation (it’s called “11 Cliff Side Bay”) at MTS2! Your 2nd floor pool technique gave me the idea of the house I built. I gave you a much-deserved credit and a link to this tutorial on my description page, by the way.Ü I just hope my entry gets approved and published. *cross fingers*

Comment by Yñigo — January 23, 2009 @ 9:56 pm

22. Hey Your idea was absolutely terrific. But I was wondering maybe if you have the time would you mind explaining if you can have the pool area as a pool room. Just like a pool room on the first floor but instead on the second floor. Im sorry if that doesnt make any sense but plz try to help me. I use your idea lots on my houses now :)

Comment by Tristan — February 1, 2009 @ 11:45 pm

23. Heyy, Really Good Idea, I Didn’t Get It At First, But Then I Read The Comments And Figured It Out, Thanks! ily For This! :L, x

Comment by Natalie — February 2, 2009 @ 7:20 pm

24. That Cheat won’t work on my game, the game will accept the cheat but, will not let me raise and lower occupied terrain like it should.
    Is it because I am using an Australian copy of the game

Comment by Anonymous Whistleblower — December 2, 2010 @ 1:37 am

25. Nice tutorial. I had the same issue a lot of commenters here have been talking about but have been able to resolve it. You need to make sure you go towards the pool when you are leveling the terrain with the wall rather than from the terrain towards the house if you get what I mean.
    This tutorial inspired me to have 3 of 4 pool walls be glass walls (in other words, most of my house will have a watery view :)

Comment by Sapphyreopal5 — May 20, 2011 @ 1:43 am

26. hi there just read ur swimming pool, thing and all the peoples comments and no matter what i do when ever i try to build a wall above the windows it just brings the bottom windows back up inline with the pool on the second floor. I understand u not gonna get the water flush to the windows as its just the sides of the terrain that should be flush thats why u do the pillars to hide the triangle bits that stick out but its from this part that when i build a wall on top that it pushes the windows up inline with the pool so what do i do plz reply thanks

Comment by nathan — May 24, 2011 @ 2:26 am

27. How to deactivate this cheat code ?

Comment by Azalea — September 6, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

28. The way you built this house, is it backwards? Is the window part in the back of the house and the mailbox is in the backyard? Or am I just crazy and have to start over. Okay thanks. :J

Comment by xJesamie — October 16, 2011 @ 8:20 pm